I had no idea how much joy I would get out of someone painting a spider on my toe. Today, Mom and I went to get pedicures. I've never gone out of my way to get them on my own, but since Mom gets them and offers to pay for mine, I go with her. Last time I attempted to get silver toes. They turned out a little more pale purple than silver, which I found disappointing, so this time I went for all out dark purple. Mom went with orange in favor of the upcoming holidays. The pedicurist asked Mom if she also wanted a spider for Halloween, to which she vehemently replied, "NO, I do not want a spider on my foot." She was then offered a pumpkin, but she still refused. So they asked me if I wanted a spider. I thought about it for a long time, debating if I would still want a spider on my toe even after Halloween is over next week. And then I thought, why not? It's fun. I like spiders, and I usually take my polish off after a couple weeks to cut my nails anyway. So I said, sure! Let's do it.
 |
| And I love my spider! I have been admiring her all day. I just did the one, which turned out better I think, than doing both big toes. It makes it more unique. And apparently it costs per toe to get extras anyway. Only $5 more, but still. I'm not paying for it, so I don't want to be greedy. |
 |
| See how perfectly my pedicurist (who did not speak any English at all, the other girl who was doing Mom's toes had to translate for us) painted her? Those little polish brushes are SO tiny! |
 |
| I told Mom I think I'm hooked now. We might have to come back at Christmas so I can get red toenails and a wreath. She said if she had known how excited and happy I would be about it we would have done this ages ago. I didn't know how happy I'd be, either! Thank goodness I can't stand nail polish on my fingernails. Otherwise this might become a real obsession. |
 |
| A couple of other pictures that aren't exciting. Today Ellie was yelling at me to let her out, and as I ignored her yesterday, I felt too bad to ignore her again. So I had to sit on the front porch with her while she wandered about the herb garden. I don't know why I have to be out there, she never wanders more than 12 feet, but Mom insists I am outside while she and Pippin are out. I guess in fairness Pippin does tend to wander a bit, though also never very far, in my experience. He also has a bunch of joint issues, so running after him isn't really an issue. However, sitting on the porch watching cats isn't the most exciting job in the world. After taking several pictures of my toenails, I graduated to the flowers in the pot next to me. |
 |
| Ellie hears a foul voice on the air. (It was just Pippin. No worries.) |
I'm quite impressed w/ the spider! I hope you tipped that lady extra well b/c of her unsung skills at painting tiny insects on toes! And that caption about Ellie hearing a foul voice kills me. Simply kills me.
ReplyDelete