Okay, this baby thing has GOT to stop.

Over the past few years (and in the next 6 months) I can name probably 20 different babies to which my various friends have given birth. Seriously. Bosses at work, colleagues at work, friends from high school, friends from college, friends from graduate school, and friends from childhood are all having children. At first I didn't even try to keep up with making baby blankets for everyone, I only made one or two. I know several girls who have either large families or know a lot of people who knit or crochet and had baby blankets made for them by someone else anyway. I figured those people didn't need 14 baby blankets. But now, it seems like they're all spaced out so perfectly, and only people who would really like baby blankets, or people that are too close for me not to make one for them are due. So anyway, I've been a baby-blanket-making machine lately, is basically what I've been trying to say.

Here are a few samples of the ones I've made lately.

For a baby boy born in January. I liked the uneven stripe pattern.
For a baby girl born in June. This is probably my favorite one that I've ever made. I love the blue and purple together! I said to Brad I'm thinking about making a big one with the same colors, I liked that them much. 


For an October baby. I didn't quite have enough to finish this one (I was working with several left over skeins of my mother's from like ten years ago, and of course the same color was nowhere to be found), so I sort of improvised with white. I think it turned out really well! When I was working with the white I thought, Gosh. I think an all white baby blanket would be so beautiful! I think I may make one next. I have several more friends due after the new year, and I intend to make at least two of them blankets. Also, Brad's 6-year-old niece just asked me if I would make her one, too. She wants "pink, definitely pink." So look forward to more!

Comments

  1. It's so fun to see what you've been working on! I've had blankets where it had an edging I hadn't planned before. No one knows if you don't tell them. :) Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Liz! What a great compliment from the master crochet-er!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they look great! I love them, I wish I could learn how to make one myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very impressed, Verity! The green and white blanket looks even more amazing in person. It really is so well-made. I had no idea you were a master crocheter! I've been knitting for years, and my blankets don't come out half so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are obviously hiding your talent b/c I've seen that bottom one, but I didn't see the others. You're following patterns?? Kudos on your patience and talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone! It's really easy though, honestly. And the little ones go so quick. I don't really follow patterns, though. I just sort of pick a stitch and go from there. But I will have to find a pattern to make one big enough for Brad's niece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a couple of all-white baby blankets that people made for my kids, and they *are* beautiful. Also, I'm glad to see you don't put fringe on the sides-- a couple of my kids got blankets that had fringe, and it annoyed them as babies. It looks cute, but doesn't function that well. Love the blankets, especially the first one, keep making them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. girl, you have talent!
    I have been really wishing I knew how to sew or crochet lately. It looks like all sorts of fun and I have all this time on my hands!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loooove the first one. I think the purple and blue is one that pops more in person. It looks really pretty, but it is hard to see the gradient of color on my computer screen. Go you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you have photocopy capabilities at M&D's? If so, I want a copy of the bottom blanket's pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No, it's just sad really.

30 for 30

The reality of "Twilight"