An Important Lesson

I saw this the other day and I keep thinking about it, so I wanted to share.


I think this is a really important lesson to learn for everyone. In school you're taught there's a right way and a wrong way, and when you aren't good at math you're not smart. But it's important to remember that everyone has different skills, and if you think differently than a mathematician, it doesn't mean you're not very intelligent. It just means you think differently. I'm glad I've found this, because I think I needed to be reminded. So think about this, kids, next time you're being hard on yourself, or someone else!

Comments

  1. You know, I've been thinking about this often lately! Not this pic in particular, but its message. I read some transcript of some bigwig bankers laughing and going on about how stupid these people were falling for their great loans or mortgages. It made me quite infuriating. Like, the bankers were intelligent enough to figure out a way to rip people off and made themselves tons of money. So they're intelligent. But I'd love to see them map out a gene or compose a symphony or write a Great American Novel. People who aren't whizzes at finances (i.e. me) depend on these jerks to steer them in the right direction, so stuff like losing your home and retirement doesn't happen. But b/c they think the world revolves around them, they do what they want. I'm starting to get off topic here, but I wanted to say that I've been thinking about this. That is all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No, it's just sad really.

30 for 30

The reality of "Twilight"