Target, because they sent me my underwear, wants me to do a little happy dance so much, that they also sent a little how-to on the back of the receipt. Wow. It's like a little old man shuffle, too.
So today one girl at work was like, "I'm going online to see who's on missed connections." (We don't really work hard.) She came up with someone looking for a girl named Ashley who's 23, and there is a girl in our office who fits this description. Everyone was sort of fakely excited. And so I said, "I have no idea what you guys are talking about." It turns out that craigslist.com has this link called "missed connections" where you can post an ad looking for someone that you either met in passing or saw somewhere and didn't get a chance to talk to. It's pretty crazy. "Go on," my colleagues urged me. "It's so fun and interesting, you'll get addicted! Maybe someone is looking for you!" At which point I concluded that I should highly doubt that, and if I saw my name on there I'd probably immediately die of a heart attack. They agreed. And since I'm such a hard worker, and also it was the end...
Well, this is it. Next week, I'm leaving my 20's forever. In a previous post , I wanted to find 30 random acts of kindness to do for my 30th year, based on someone else's idea ( this woman ). Anyway, most of her acts of kindness involved buying things for people she didn't know. Clearly, she has a large disposable income. I don't have a large disposable income, but I do have time and some kind words, so I figured I would donate what I have. I googled some ideas. I almost didn't write about this on my blog, as a lot of the ideas that came up were like, "smile at someone," or "hold open the door for the person behind you," which are things that I do every day without even thinking about it, and even though that totally sounded like a backdoor brag, I didn't mean it that way, I just mean I want to challenge myself to go out of my way to be kinder. I mean, how lame would it be if one of my actual goals was "say good morning to a strang...
Some of you may know that I only recently returned to work, after months of unemployment. That was a glorious time for me, but unfortunately, not what this post is about. When I came back to work, I was shocked to see that a folder was saved in My Documents called "Verity" (especially since the folder called "Verity" on the main drive containing all the instructions I had written on how to do my job was deleted, dang it). Anyway, within this folder I found a really interesting article I had written last year regarding the Twilight craze consuming our nation these days. Since now I have a place to post this, I thought I'd share it all with you. Enjoy!
On nearly every news report I’ve ever seen covering the new Twilight series and the apparent mania following thereof, one of the many love-stricken teenagers unfailingly and inarticulately declares the reason for her obsession is “He’s the perfect man!” (Though, to be fair, I have heard, “He’s...
Hahahaha! Did you do it?
ReplyDeleteWhat! It does look rather like an old man shuffle...
ReplyDelete