That quote is from The Office, where one office worker has betrayed his boss and in penance, offers to do his laundry for a month. The boss replies with, "I have a laundry machine!" only really slow and funny.
Anyway, we have new laundry machines too!! Yay!!
 |
| Do do do dooot!!! |
 |
| The pedastools that they come on to make them higher were an extra $400 a piece, so Mom opted not to get them. Instead, Dad just whipped this stand up. Brad asked if he was awake when it happened. Apparently he has a lot of faith in Dad's abilities. |
I spent all day yesterday doing laundry. It was so exciting. They sing little songs when you turn them on and when they're done! Isn't that cute?? What a great day for us all.
This is the vegan BLT I made the other day for lunch. It was pretty good, but I don't think I put enough vegenaise on it or cooked the fakin' bacon in enough oil. I put some olive oil in with the bacon, but it really needed more to crisp up nicely. Otherwise it doesn't really crunch like bacon. And even if you don't like crispy bacon, it's necessary here.
 |
| Complete with Mom's homemade white bread, home grown tomatoes, and organic spinach. |
 |
| Certainly not bad. Definitely ranked above fake hot dogs and sausages. |
Well I must go get ready for the celebrity milking contest. It's a bit chilly outside today so I may have to wear a coat or sweatshirt. Fall is almost here, I guess! I hope they have caramel apples. More to come!
Can it really be vegan if you used Mom's bread? Doesn't it have eggs and/or milk and/or butter in it?
ReplyDeleteHave you had Morningstar Farms bacon? I'm not a fan of fake meats in general, but I love those and the chick'n nuggets dipped in honey. Your sandwich looks pretty darn delicious, though. Have fun meeting celebrities and milking cows...
ReplyDeleteYou always seem like you have fun in your family's house :)
ReplyDeleteWell it is good to know that fakin bacon is pretty good. I was skeptical, I admit. I could go for a BLT right now. Even if it is 8 AM.
ReplyDeleteClover has washers that sing songs at you as well. It adds that necessary touch of joy that laundry so desperately needs. :-)
Our landlord is getting us a new front load washer. Do you have to buy special detergent? And is it expensive?
ReplyDeleteYou have to buy the concentrated stuff, because it breaks down easier. But it's not more expensive than regular. You probably already use it. Or at least we did. But the annoying thing about it is that you have to leave the door open after you're done or wipe it out because it'll get moldy in the lip in the door jam. We also get a lot of lint and hair and stuff in that little crevice. So that is dumb. But other than that, it's great. :)
ReplyDelete