Garden Goodness Part Two

I am way behind on blogging. I need to get my act together here, because I've got more pictures piling up as the days go by. Here are more pictures of our gardening. Some were taken last week and some were taken yesterday. So it's kind of a hodge-podge. Enjoy!

Nina holds down the wood planks for Dad's chainsaw. It was scary. I had to do it once, too.
Mom gets right in there and plants those tomatoes!
Leisurely strolling.
Mr. Butterfly-on--his-back.
Nina and her beets. This girl loves beets.
Tying up the raspberry bushes.
The tomatoes and basil in the ground, all mulched.
More raspberry business.
These are my eggplant (closest to me) and peppers. A few marigolds added for some color!
The sawdust is down! And proof that I was actually there.
Here are my broccoli and Swiss Chard a few days later.
Eggplant and peppers.
Lettuce behind the cucumber cages. The cucumbers were started from seed, so they haven't gone in the ground yet.
Tomatoes and lettuce and basil and it looks like celery.
Baby basil is the cutest thing in the world.
Nina's beets are coming along nicely.
Yes, I got my way and we planted a zucchini.
The beginnings of a fence: half is now finished.
From the other side. It's going to look great when it's all done! No more groundhogs eating all my eggplants, broccoli, and zucchini this year.
And here are my broccoli (against the fence) and Swiss chard as of yesterday! Pretty huge, right??
Peppers and eggplants get stakes to hold them up.
First strawberries of the season!

I have more pictures from around the house to follow. Happy Monday everyone! This is my last week of tutoring with these particular students, and I'm excited to have a week off before the summer session starts. Yay!

Comments

  1. Whyyyyyyyyyyyy did you put up the most unflattering, ugly photos of me? I'm barfing about them. But I do loves beets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loves beets, too! (we have two beds of beets - one just red the other rainbow). We roast 'em up nice with a little dab of butter, salt and pepper. YUM!

      Delete
  2. I love how Dad's handling heavy machinery (or at least deadly) and everyone is in shorts, tanks and bare feet. So typical. I will post photos soon as well. It's been busy here, too. You know, with the yard, garden and dog. I have to finish taking out a stump from a side flower bed (where I'm planting peppermint too) tomorrow and then I will post photos. Did I mention quilty goodness I started yesterday? FUN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely show us your garden, too! And little Maddie. She is adorable. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No, it's just sad really.

30 for 30

The reality of "Twilight"