Garden Goodness Part One

To save us all from more pictures than any human brain could begin to process, I've taken a few days to create a few posts with very sparing photos of the continuous gardening that we've been doing for the last two weeks. So remember, when you're thinking to yourself, holy moly, these are a ton of photos!; it could be a lot worse. Also, please note that these are not exactly in chronological order. If that matters to you.

The shopping trip we took after RJ and Emily left a few weeks ago resulted in an astounding amount of veggies and flowers.

These flowers, pictured above on the right and left sides of the box, are my cute little scopias. Keep your eyes open for the next time they appear in an awesome little garden bucket.
These are part of Mom's poison garden. I don't know why she has a poison garden. Just don't eat anything out of it and you'll be fine.
Petunias.
Impatiens and marigolds. Looks like some lettuce on the end there too, and I think Brussel sprouts.
Mint. Always, forever mint.
Happy Sophia. Look at how dark green those leaves coming in are! She loves the outdoors.
As does this handsome fellow.


Nina's rawring to go!


I'm not quite as rawring, but I'm working steadily.
My handiwork.
More of my handiwork.
Nina's handiwork. Marguerites and something else.
Aren't these daisies something else?? Nina picked them out and planted them.
Mom hard at work.
Here are my scopias, all planted in a little metal bin thing I got at Target for $2.50.

Rhododendrons gone wild.



I love this time of year because everything starts blooming is succession. That's our front door behind there, for those of you who have never darkened it, so to speak.
This is what I did for a few hours yesterday in the back. They are going to look speeeeec-tacular when they get bigger and brighter!
The beginnings of the garden.
Baby strawberries! We're going to have thousands.
Baby raspberries! Again, thousands.
I win for getting my plants in the garden quickest. These are peppers and an eggplant on the end.
My other bed: broccolis and Swiss chard.

Stay tuned for another installment of the Garden Goodness: Vegetable Edition!

Comments

  1. I think you should make yourself a watermelon mint sangria! http://caleighskitchen.com/2011/06/29/melon-mint-sangria.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to get ours in! Should be able to this next week or so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gets me rawring to go on our garden too! (:

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No, it's just sad really.

30 for 30

The reality of "Twilight"