Hey kids. So these are a little late, but better late than never, I always say. Several weekends ago I went to a minor-league baseball game with my mom, dad, and Nina because I got as many free tickets as I wanted from work. I don't know why. They were just giving them away to all the kids and employees. So anyway, I got them and we went. YAY!
 |
| Our team is called the Lancaster Barnstormers. The field was way bigger than I expected it to be. I don't much get involved in baseball; I mean it's fine, if I'm playing, but it's not exciting to watch. So mostly I go to baseball games to hang out and eat a lot of crap. Pepsi is my greatest weakness. I always make a very conscious effort not to drink it more than once a month, twice at the most, otherwise I would drink it constantly. Also, the french fries there were amazing. |
 |
| The view from our seats, which were in the no-alcohol-allowed section. Again, I don't know why. Those were just the tickets the guy at the booth gave us. |
 |
| Funness. |
 |
| More funness. I thought Dad was loud and obnoxious at ball games; little did I know that Mom is just as bad if not worse. |
 |
| While Lancaster Barnstormers is a pretty cool name, they really had nothing on the Sugarland Skeeters, who we were playing. All the way from Texas! |
 |
| An enthusiastic Barnstormer. |
 |
| The Skeeter's pitcher. |
 |
| The field at night. |
 |
| Now this was a weird thing. After the game the Barnstormers all lined up and shook hands... with each other. What was that all about?? They never even so much as looked at the other team. Haven't they seen any sporting event ever? I was flabbergasted. |
 |
| Fireworks night! |
 |
| It's extremely difficult to get a good picture of fireworks. These are a few of the many thousands, most of which did not turn out even remotely. |
 |
| Yay! We won! |
 |
| Later that weekend: Mother's Day! The first of the pink roses at home. |
 |
| The pretty roses outside the place at which we had brunch. |
 |
| Mom and her two middle daughters. |
 |
| Looking a little less squinty. |
 |
| Some generous lady offered to take a picture of all of us. |
 |
| We stopped at Nina's storage unit to look for something. We didn't find what we were looking for, but we did find her old Halloween wig. |
 |
| Interesting. |
As always, there are more photos to post, and I also have some updates on my 30 for 30 to tell you about. I hope everyone had a fabulous Memorial Day! I was in Pittsburgh with Brad for 5 days. I left right as soon as my trimester finished (last Wednesday was my last day with that group of students). I have next week off, and I hope to finish a lot of awesome things during that time!
1. That first pic makes it look dreamy, like "Build it and they will come" kind of dreamy.
ReplyDelete2. That pic of Mom and Dad at the game still cracks me up. Mom so looks like she's posing for a political poster of some sort, gazing hopefully towards a great American century.
3. No photos of the hot pitcher??
4. The Barnstormers only congratulate winners: themselves.
5. I love that pink rose pic!
6. I think we all could have lived happily ever after w/o that last pic of my chubby belly. However, the blonde wig makes it much more awesome than it would have been w/o it.
1) Haha, true.
Delete2) What WAS she looking at?
3) Hot pitcher?? Do tell.
4) That's my policy.
5) I love pink roses. Yellow ones too.
6) What chubby belly??
1. He built it! And we came!
Delete2. Who knows?
3. That IS the hot pitcher.
4. Evidently.
5. Thanks! I've got more photos of yellow roses, too.
6. You look fine. More than fine. Lovely. Especially with the wig.
I knew Dad was loud at games (self-admittedly), but not Mom. It's good to know though... it explains a lot about me. Dr J has always said that I wouldn't be allowed at our kids games, but I see it's genetic.
ReplyDeleteYep, definitely genetic. You are not to blame for that one. :)
DeleteNice post, Ver. I did not know about your secret weakness for Pepsi. Interesting... The baseball game looks like fun. Nzinzi and I stopped by a high school game this weekend that we happened to be passing. She lasted 2 innings, but only because she got to dance to the country music they played each time the teams switched. :-)
ReplyDeleteWell, I try to hide my weaknesses. ;)
DeleteCan't keep that Nzinzi from dancing!
Fun family pictures! (:
ReplyDeleteOOh, I like lots of things about this post! First, they shook hands with each other? What a perplexing and unsportsperson like thing to do, but also a very fun detail. Pepsi? Yeah, I get that. I also drink it only once or twice a month. Circus peanuts. Diddo, although I try to go a couple of months if I can. Also, I love baseball games despite the tediousness of it, and I think you have proven why baseball is so fun - food, drinks, obnoxious parents, fun picture time. Lastly, I hope you had a great time with Brad and am wondering what you did/accomplished on your week off. Good luck with your next group of kids!
ReplyDeleteNotes on comments - Nina is crazy and always looks good. I try to hide my weaknesses, too. Nzinzi is so cute; I'd like to see her dancing.