Gardening Update

This is Chester. He came with me from Pittsburgh. He's liking it out here so far, I think.

Liking it so much, perhaps, that he started to grow a little spout-y guy, which attached itself to this pot and decided to grow all on its own. Mom came in and said, "I have news! You're a grandmother!" I had no idea what she was talking about, haha. We named him Chester Jr, or C.J.

Sophia. She also came with from Pittsburgh. I trimmed her all up, and I have to re-pot her this weekend.

The garden! All planted and mulched.

Those things on the left were makeshift tents for my broccoli. Some genius at the store put 7 broccoli seeds together in the same container, so when I planted them in the ground I had to pull their poor little roots apart to separate them. They didn't like that. They got really mad and started to wither. So we had to shade them for a few days before they perked up again.

The two best beds in the garden, folks.

Some of the more lush-looking beds. Mom really packs her plants in there.

Baby cukes!

Pepper blossoms!

Go ahead and be jealous of our amazing produce.

The yellow roses at the height of their beauty.


I picked a few pink ones for my bathroom. 





I'm going to try to talk Dad into going to see Kung Fu Panda II tonight. Mom is gone for the weekend to North Carolina for a conference. Thrilling. Hey, thanks for following my super exciting life, kids. I love you guys!

Comments

  1. Thanks and no thanks for these posts! I love seeing Mom and Dad's and their (and your) awesome gardens, but it also makes me miss them like crazy. :-( It makes my heart ache a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving all these posts! And they aren't uninteresting at all. That or else I am really uninteresting because I have been enjoying them! :-) I AM jealous of your roses and congratulations on CJ. He is handsome.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No, it's just sad really.

30 for 30

The reality of "Twilight"