Friday Fun

Dad and I went out to eat last night at a nice Thai place called Lemongrass. I took some pictures of the decor to share with you all so you can really feel like you experienced it with us.

Some interesting names. Dad said he's had the "Evil Jungle Princess," the "Young Girl on Fire," and the "Tutti Fruity Duck." These dishes seem strangely misogynistic.

A fountain. It was nice to listen to running water during dinner.
A photo of the president of Thailand. Apparently this a common thing, though I don't know of any Thai restaurant in Pittsburgh with one.

Our Thai iced teas. If I had been thinking, I would have not stirred mine up before taking a photo, so you could see how they come. They're a spiced iced tea and then they pour cream in the top, so it's two different colors when they come to you, not mixed up like they are here. They're awesome, by the way. Probably one of my favorite drinks ever.

Dad's pineapple fried rice with seafood.

My green curry noodle bowl (it was excellent, if lacking a bit in the spiciness).

I was a huge n00b and asked the waitress to take our picture. I leaned forward and Dad scrunched down. We look really crooked.

Some more fun decor.

And on the way out.

Then we went to see Kung Fu Panda II. This is Dad's Kung Fu impression. He's really good. 

Tonight is pretty quiet. Dad worked all day and I went to the book store and the mall. I got this book, which I'm really looking forward to, even though it's not my preferred genre. Unfortunately I didn't know it was a sequel. So I guess I will have to get the first book before reading it, which is fine, because I'm still slogging through The Grapes of Wrath. It has not been a quick read.

Comments

  1. I've wanted to read _Into the Woods_ for a while. Let me know how you like it. It looks like you and Dad had a nice evening out, of which I'm kind of jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like it was a very Asian night for you 2. You know, I've only eaten at Lemongrass once and it was w/ everyone, I think you were there, too. So it was years ago. It looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? I don't remember it. But I think I do remember going to Tony Wang's before with everyone. I haven't been there since, and I don't really remember it. Except Mom saw someone from her work there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a really good book. And I would give a lot of money to have your dad's Thai meal right now. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fun and YUM-my! Look at you becoming all picture-y for us! And I would be a little scared to eat there unprotected--you might become a young girl on fire. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No, it's just sad really.

30 for 30

The reality of "Twilight"