Seven Day Detox

I recently decided to do a bit of a spur-of-the-moment 7-day detox before I go to Chicago next week to visit with my good friends from college, Kristie, Holly, and Melissa. Unfortunately, this is the weekend of my sister Nina's birthday as well, which means I will be unable to partake in her birthday dinner. But I'll still be there, psychically, and also eating. Probably "wonder soup."

The reasons for doing this detox are simple; I need to detox. Since moving in with my parents last year, I have been slowly and continuously gaining weight. Or actually, I may have plateaued at some point, it's hard to say because I went long stretches without weighing myself, but either way, it's ridiculous. I need to really start to take charge of my diet and get back to feeling like me! This detox is supposed to allow you to lose 5-11 lbs over a week, and other reviewers have said that they've kept the weight off, due to the "training" you get to eat healthier during the detox.

Yesterday I was both really happy and nervous to start. Not sure why the nervousness; it's not like someone is holding a gun to my head or anything. If I fail, I fail. I'll just do it again a different week with Mom and Nina (who also plan on endeavoring in this adventure at a later date). But I was excited to feel healthy again. Last night I went to the mall to buy some clothes (H&M was having a sale: can't miss that!) and everything I tried on looked super adorable. So I had to buy them all. What an awesome way to prepare for a weekend away with old college friends! I feel like such an adult. I haven't bought clothes in forever, and I forgot how good it feels to have some new outfits in your wardrobe!

So here we go, kids. Hang on, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No, it's just sad really.

30 for 30

The reality of "Twilight"