Day One: Fruit Day

Today is fruit day. So far, so good. I munched on grapes most of the morning and afternoon. I love grapes, so this is nothing terrible, and these are really good organic ones. I also consumed half of a very mediocre orange and some melon. A few blueberries thrown in there. The reviewer was right, though, fruit is not filling, by any means. And the sugar kind of gets to you after a while.

Over the next week, I'm supposed to drink 8-10 glasses of water every day. This is, admittedly, going to be rough for me. I try to be good about water, but I get seriously bored with it and want something else to drink instead, like lemonade or juice. Perhaps I can add a little lemon or cucumber to my drinks to mix things up. It felt decidedly weird not to have any tea this morning upon waking. Perhaps it will only get weirder.

Each day I'm allowed to consume as much of this soup as I want. The "wonder soup" is onions, peppers, tomatoes, cabbage, and celery boiled in water with seasoning. I put a lot of seasoning in, because it was deadly boring without. I used up the rest of the Italian seasoning in the cupboard (maybe a teaspoon and a half), and about the same amount of salt. I will say though, that the proportions in the recipe for this soup are somewhat insane.

Pre-soup veggies. The recipe calls for 6 large onions. Hence the insanity. I used one of the two pictured and figured that was good enough. I also only used half a head of cabbage because a whole head wouldn't fit in the pot I was using. Frankly, the whole soup barely fit. It's a lot of vegetables. 
Veggies, post-soup. It's not bad, though it does need a lot of salt. It's not exciting either, but I can assure you that vegetables have never looked or tasted as good as they do after a day of eating only fruit.
Summary: Not too shabby. It does take quite a bit of will power to plow through the day, especially if your family is eating things that you can't have, such as delicious pad thai and sushi. I imagine this will only get worse. I'm a carb lover, and this morning it was super hard not to eat the buttered noodles I was putting away from dinner last night. (Out of fear and anxiety for the future, I ate as many carbs as I could yesterday. They were delicious.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No, it's just sad really.

30 for 30

The reality of "Twilight"