Day Two: Vegetables
I did not wake up today feeling like a bus hit me, thank god. I was a little worried about that, after reading that's what others have felt during detox. I did, however, wake up feeling very dizzy and light-headed and almost like I wanted to throw up. Not an awesome combo. I boiled two small potatoes for breakfast (I figure they're about the equivalent of a large baked one), but since I don't ever eat much in the mornings, I only ate one of them. A hot potato with salt and pepper after a day of fruit tastes absolutely divine. I didn't even miss the butter or sour cream.
Since you're encouraged to eat as many vegetables as possible on this day, I sautéed up some left over spinach with garlic and onion, some zucchini with salt and pepper, and some mixed vegetables Mom bought at Trader Joe's on her most recent trip there with soy sauce. I was totally in my element. I also snacked on carrots most of the day. It was really way more satisfying than fruit. Here is a list of veggies that I ate today:
1. Spinach
2. Carrots
3. Celery
4. Broccoli
5. Red cabbage
6. Non-red cabbage
7. Jicama
8. Bell peppers
I feel so proud. I skipped the wonder soup, since I imagine I'll be consuming more of this than anyone could ever want in the future days, and one day without sounds extremely reasonable to me.
Summary: I still crave carbs. Tonight mom made yellow cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting. How mean is that??? Despite everything, I managed to resist, and stay on target. Soy sauce and sriracha saved me today. If I hadn't been able to consume large amounts of veggies slathered in those things, I may have eaten the cake. Which would have been a shame, considering how absolutely meticulous I was about the amount of olive oil I used while sautéeing.
Since you're encouraged to eat as many vegetables as possible on this day, I sautéed up some left over spinach with garlic and onion, some zucchini with salt and pepper, and some mixed vegetables Mom bought at Trader Joe's on her most recent trip there with soy sauce. I was totally in my element. I also snacked on carrots most of the day. It was really way more satisfying than fruit. Here is a list of veggies that I ate today:
1. Spinach
2. Carrots
3. Celery
4. Broccoli
5. Red cabbage
6. Non-red cabbage
7. Jicama
8. Bell peppers
I feel so proud. I skipped the wonder soup, since I imagine I'll be consuming more of this than anyone could ever want in the future days, and one day without sounds extremely reasonable to me.
| Big plate of stir-fried veggies for dinner. |
I think that if I go on a diet, the entire house has to. I couldn't do the cake thing.
ReplyDelete