Wabi-Sabi #9

I bet you thought I'd forgotten about these, didn't you? Well, I just got so busy worrying about other things that I didn't finish them. No worries though, there are only a few more after this. Then I can start on updating you on my list of kindness! Yay! I also have about 500 pictures to post from our Spring Equinox dinner, my birthday, and several events in between. 

9. Cultivate Soul. A piece made by hand holds the steady, solid vibrations of its maker rather than those of the jarring, impersonal machine. Surrounding yourself with things made by real people invites a tiny piece of each craftsman into your space.

As we all know, I'm a big fan of homemade things. I remember a good friend of mine from work having a blanket with her at her desk that was clearly hand-crocheted. I asked her about it, and she said a friend had made it for her. She wasn't crazy about it; it had a lot of strange colors in it (like hot pink and puke brown and bright orange), but it was homemade, so she used it. There's something about homemade that just means more. Even though my friend didn't love the colors in the blanket, she still recognized the effort put into it especially for her. A tiny piece of that craftswoman was at work every day. That's sweet and special.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No, it's just sad really.

30 for 30

The reality of "Twilight"