Nina and I have a bit of a biennial tradition of having a bonfire on the vernal equinox. This year, since neither of us were working that day, we decided to have a great feast to go along with the fire!
 |
| I say "we", but in reality, it was pretty much just Nina doing the work here. This is the beginning of her asparagus and chive egg souffle. |
 |
| The chives, from our own garden. |
 |
| All ready to go into the oven. The recipe is next to the souffle; she got it out of our Tea Time Magazine. |
 |
| As a side dish, we went with a dandelion green salad. Nina and I picked all these from our lawn. All of them. |
 |
| An equinox ant invasion. I have no idea. They just showed up and were swarming on the sidewalk like this for no apparent reason. Of course, I had to document it. |
 |
Making some yummy homemade lemonade! The oranges and avocado went into the salad later.
|
|
 |
| The finished souffle! It was very yummy. |
 |
| Our beautiful equinox table setting. |
 |
| The lemonade with mint. It was SUPER good, but it needed quite a bit of simple syrup. |
 |
| The table looked so good, I had to take several photos. |
 |
| Now isn't that a feast worth celebrating? |
 |
| And of course, no meal is complete without a little cuppa. That cookie is one we got at Harry and David's, and holy moly, it was amazingly good. It was just like a waffle cookie, but it had this caramel filling that was pure heaven. |
 |
| Bonfire time! |
|
|
 |
| She was a beaut. |
 |
| Since it was a special occasion, we broke out the pumpkin wine. |
 |
| Nina fixes the fire. I've removed several of these photos involving her backside, so she won't attempt to kill me. I look forward to living at least another day. |
 |
| Whoa! |
 |
| Now that's an equinox fire! |
 |
| Rosco, the wild cat of the outdoors. Rosco. (That's a song.) |
 |
| He wants to be where the people are. He wants to see, wants to see 'em dancing. (Another song.) |
 |
| Sisters are fun. |
 |
| Starting to die down. |
 |
| Not sure what's going on here. I think she was imitating Rosco or me or something. |
So there you have it. I bet you wish you were as cool as we are. Perhaps next year, this will become more of an annual tradition. Stay tuned for pictures of Spring!
These pics of me are highly amusing! It was a great spring equinox!
ReplyDeleteHow'd they like the wine?! Love this bonfire idea :)
ReplyDeleteThey loved it, of course! You'll have to join us next year :)
DeleteLooks like a yummy meal! And I love how Nina has the lighter close and at the ready in that last picture. Are you SURE she isn't a pyro? ;-)
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun feast! I those ivy plates are sure a memory from childhood!
ReplyDeleteI love the picture of you and Nina. So cute! Also, I think you and your family should start a B&B. Do you like Tea Time mag? Would you recommend subscribing? I bought it once or twice years ago. Lastly, can I come live with you guys?
ReplyDeleteYou know you need never ask, Lesley. We are always here for you to come live with or visit or crash our family vacations! And we don't subscribe to Tea Time either, we just buy it on occasion. It's fun sometimes.
Delete