So cute
This is from an interview that I was reading in my Poets and Writers magazine. Jesse Ball is a poet and an artist who illustrates his own work, as well as some of his wife's. This is a question and an answer that I thought was so cute and inspiring.
Q: Did you start drawing before or after you began writing?
A: I've always done a lot of drawing. Even as a very small child I did lots of drawing. I drew monsters--sort of spiky monster guys with little legs and arms. At that time I decided I was going to write a letter to the Queen of England, so I did. The contents of the letter was mostly drawings of monsters. A year passed and I got a reply from the lady-in-waiting to the Queen saying that the Queen liked the monsters very much. I consider her my first patron, and that gave me the encouragement I needed. Despite years of discouragement thereafter, nobody could stop me from drawing, because the Queen told me it was fine.
Q: Did you start drawing before or after you began writing?
A: I've always done a lot of drawing. Even as a very small child I did lots of drawing. I drew monsters--sort of spiky monster guys with little legs and arms. At that time I decided I was going to write a letter to the Queen of England, so I did. The contents of the letter was mostly drawings of monsters. A year passed and I got a reply from the lady-in-waiting to the Queen saying that the Queen liked the monsters very much. I consider her my first patron, and that gave me the encouragement I needed. Despite years of discouragement thereafter, nobody could stop me from drawing, because the Queen told me it was fine.
Comments
Post a Comment