A New Year

New Years is by far my most favorite of holidays. Unfailingly, I get so excited for the new year. I always am filled with a great hope at the wonderful things that could happen this year. Granted, I understand that not all years will be wonderful, and that not all of them have been, but it's such a good feeling to think about all the possibilities ahead of me. I feel like I have a chance to change the things I want to change in my life, and January 1st always presents me with this opportunity. This year I will be entering my 28th year. In the past, even years have been pretty good to me. I hope this proves to be true once more. I'll repeat what I told Nina when I turned 22: Maybe this year I'll reach enlightenment. I'm sure it only takes a year. Right??

Listen, everyone, thank you for reading my blog. I know that I can't see or even speak with many of you very often, and in some cases it's been far too many years. But I want you to know that it means a lot to me to be able to write and that you will read it, even if it is kind of impersonal and in a group forum. So a very happy New Year to you all! I hope it brings much peace and joy.

Comments

  1. Happy New Year to you! I think what you've said is inspiring and hopeful. Sometimes we mess up. Times get hard. But you can always start again, and the New Year is a symbol of renewal. Get back on horse and ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is your year to reach Enlightenment, oh yes indeedy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No, it's just sad really.

30 for 30

The reality of "Twilight"