Indian and Sorbet in Greenville, SC: A Portrait of Southern Living


Yayayayay!! She's here!! She's so beautiful and sweet and I'm so happy to see her!!


We walked up and down mainstreet to get a view and decided on somewhere we could sit outside. I suggested Indian. I love these statues, which were inside, but we did sit outside. 


WHOA. I definitely made the right choice! I had a vegetarian platter, which came with a somosa, kofta lajwab, palak paneer, chana masala, basmati rice, raita, naan, and rice pudding. I was so happy. 



Greenville is such a cute little town.


I loved this statue, and Sarah was all pleased because it was called Meditation, which we had just been talking about. 


This one was really beautiful as well; on the other side of Meditation.


Falls Park. So, so cute! We walked down here and talked about everything we could think of that happened in the last 20 years, which was so great and just such a pleasant experience. We laughed so much and told stories and just generally enjoyed each other's company. 


I loved this flower in the water of a fountain.


So later there will be a picture of this all lit up after dark and it's even prettier.


They're having Shakespeare in the Park at the bottom there. A Midsummer Night's Dream, naturally.


Look at this little guy running down the hill! 


What the what!! Look a this tree!! 


We accosted a passerby to take our photo. 


I kept making Sarah stop so I could take pictures. It was just such a pleasing and well-cared-for park.





So many men were staring at this girl. She is totally oblivious to it, too.


The falls! I took like 8 pictures of it from all different angles. 


Lots of pretty nature everywhere. 


Another of said angles. 


This is the lit up area from the beginning. Also where we ran into some people that Sarah goes to meeting with. They'd been at Shakespeare in the Park. One of them says to me, "You look familiar. Do you know the Vaughans?" Sarah says, "YEP, SHE DOES." I said yes, that they'd gone to my meeting growing up and she said that's why I looked so familiar, because she was their first cousin. I asked who her mother was and she said Lee's sister and it was just a very strange experience in general. I texted Lindsey to tell her that'd happened. I didn't even know she had relatives in that part of the country.


Greenville looking green. They light up everything at night.


So we wanted to go to Savannah's Candy Shop but as we were walking in the girl said, "We're actually closed. Unless you know exactly what you want?" and Sarah says, "We definitely do," which we did not. But we made fast choices. Sarah also knew another girl who worked there. I think that totals 3 people we ran into on the street in Greenville that she knows. Strange. This is my raspberry sorbet on the left, and her grapefruit on the right. 


I liked this art installation. 

I was so happy to see Sarah, and now that I know how close she is to Allison, I hope to see her again sooner than 20 years from now. We had met outside of town but she drove us in and when she went to drive me back to my car totally spaced and drove like 3 exits past where I was and had to turn around. I, of course, was no help whatsoever because I didn't have any idea where I was. This girl. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No, it's just sad really.

30 for 30

The reality of "Twilight"