BEST DAY EVER

So I have a lot to cover since 2014.

Um, some stuff happened. I became a dance instructor. I stopped after 4 years because I developed a stress fracture in my foot. That was a big ordeal, but I'm not really here to talk about that. Instead, I have decided to move to California. If you know me at all, you know more than this, so I will just gloss over that bit and get to the road trip bit.

I've taken a month to get rid of almost everything I own, save up some money, and get my car all ready to go. Today I left! My first stop was Baltimore, to see my dear friend Stephanie. I kept telling my parents this week, I'm so glad Stephanie is my first stop. She has been so excited for me. I've been so excited for her to be excited for me. And today turned into the best day ever, honestly.


It started out with a stop at a used bookstore on our way to the free bus stop (did you know that Baltimore has SO much free public transportation?). It had this most adorable courtyard in the middle of it.  


Look at this cute kid. That room behind her was full of weird Russian stuff. I don't really know what that was all about, but it was ... strange. There were paintings and nesting dolls and these strange wooden figurines that had balls hanging from the and when you swung them back and forth they did stuff like play drums or pump water from a well. 


Next stop, artscape! It was so so hot and humid. 




So this fun lady was right at the entrance. She was awesome. Didn't care a damn what anyone thought, just dancing around. Stephanie's favorite part were the adorable little shoes, haha. So funny. 



These orange men were everywhere. Just hanging out. Doin' their thing. 



So apparently this is a permanent installation, but I didn't know that. From one side it's a man, from the other side it's a lady! Look at that! Clever. 


In case you forgot what city we were in. 


Stephanie said, "VERITY, LOOK!" because we had just been talking about how much I love octopuses, and they had bunches of steampunk octopuses. This one MOVES. 


Aw, she has a friend! 


WHAT. A second bookstore?? YASSSSS. 


It's a cafe upstairs. And a bar in the back! It was so eclectic! The girls here were so sweet. One of them said, "I like your hair!" I said, "Thank you! I did it myself." They said, "Wow!" I said, "Yeah, I'm pretty proud of myself!" And they said, "We're proud of you, too!" So sweet. 


Stephanie had an amazingly refreshing mocha, and I had a jalapeno lemonade. It was okay, but definitely could have been spicier. But listen, after walking around in 103 degree heat all day, we were SO happy to be in the air conditioning. While we were sitting there, amused over the fact that we kept stopping at bookstores, Stephanie told me about another bookstore in Hampden. 


So we immediately (okay, after standing around in the heat waiting for a bus that never came) called an uber and headed right there! 


It was a COMIC bookstore. We went to 3 different kinds of bookstores today!! Oh my gosh, best day ever!! 


Haha, we had a good laugh about this one. 


Another bar in a bookstore? What is UP with this city?? Not that I'm complaining because this was a blood orange cider and it was SO. GOOD. 


And I'm a total lightweight and I got all tipsy. Stephanie, seeing her chance to pounce, told me about a taco place on the next block. "TACOS??" I said, "WE MUST GO TO THERE!" 


With a minor stop at a really cute antiques shop right across the street. 


And then we went to there. 


GUYS. GUYS. TACOS. Oh my gosh, I think each of us both said, "This is the best day of my life," probably 4 times during this meal. These are my smashed black bean and avocado tacos. 


And these are Stephanie's chorizo tacos. 


Seriously, best day ever. We came home, and Stephanie made me Earl Grey and brought it to me with honey and cookies, because she's the most amazing and gracious hostess ever. But LOOK AT THE MUG. It's us!! From a couple years ago when we went to a festival at a winery. The whole mug has pictures of us together because I made it for her birthday and she wanted me to see it. I'm so happy today was so great. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings! 

Comments

  1. I loved your best day ever! Thanks for the link, I'll check it often. And thanks for the pic of the sailboat in the antique shop window, I know you posted it just for me! Haha.
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No, it's just sad really.

30 for 30

The reality of "Twilight"