Peach Picking and Rainy Picnic

I've been quite bad about posting summer pictures. I have many, many pictures that I have not posted, from the spring, even. But for the sake of my sanity, I've decided to skip all that and just post what has recently happened. Here are some fun moments from over the last few weeks.

Our family tradition of picking peaches each year at the local orchard. What lovely long rows of peach trees!
First thing Dad does, every time: pick a peach and bring it directly to his mouth for eating.
I spy a good one.

This guy is hilarious. I picked it and Mom yelled at me about it, but I didn't care. It was cute and funny.

This photo is my favorite.
We also picked apples that day, too.
These are called Paula Reds. They aren't really out-of-hand kind of apples; they're more good-for-applesauce kind of apples.


Artsy.
Did you know that my mom bought a new car?? This is Toothless, the Night Fury (named after the dragon on How to Train Your Dragon). It's actually a Hundai Santa Fe, though, if you want to get technical.
And lastly, we picked a few nectarines.

Mmm, mmm, mmm.
Our loot.
A stop at the farmer's market on the way home. Those zukes were delicious. And huge.


Adrienne and James came over to pick some peaches of their own a few weekends after. They stayed for dinner and we set up a nice little table outside to eat at.
I was all proud of the effort I went to setting it up.
Unfortunately, it started to rain. My mother, who is apparently rather militant, insisted on eating in the rain. I have no idea why. Fortunately, Adrienne (and hopefully James also) thought this was hilarious, and not incredibly weird or insulting.
Dad's always up for a laugh.
Eventually, Mom gave up and let us go in, but not before it was really pouring. Ah well, it's a good story. 

Up next: Beach days!!

Comments

  1. Hahaha! I love the eating in the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, if you had a deck it wouldn't be such a pain in the tush to eat outside. ;o) Thanks for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it would. But we're not all as fortunate as you!

      Delete
  3. Great pics, especially the peaches! What are you guys going to make with your loot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We mostly canned the peaches, made sauce with the apples and ate the nectarines out of hand. But we usually go back for more peaches at the end of the season for jam and pies!

      Delete
  4. That pic of Mom's car looks like a professional car dealership's pic. Are you trying to sell her car on the sly?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous of all your summer bounty down there! I wish we could pick peaches and nectarines! And yeah, eating in the rain is a very good story. :-)

    Oh and I love your favorite picture of the peaches. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No, it's just sad really.

30 for 30

The reality of "Twilight"