I'm Sorry!

I know that I haven't written in forever, and everyone is probably going out of their minds waiting for an update! Well, unfortunately, I've got one very old, crappy computer that can't handle photos, Brad's ipad, which isn't easy to type on, and Mom and Dad's computer, which is capable of both handling photos and easy to type on, but is in what is now Nina's room, and unlike my mother, who goes in there while Nina is sleeping to loudly type, text, call, and attempt to wake Nina up constantly, I feel badly going into her room to mess around. So that's my excuse. I know she said it was okay, but still. I will now attempt to not overwhelm myself by covering things one at a time. I have several photos to post, but I'll post them in small, coherent increments. How do you like that! Coherency!

Anyway, the most exciting announcement since I've last been on is that Brad and I are now engaged! Woohoo!! He proposed on our 5-year anniversary. (Yes, I know, it's been a long time.) We had planned to go out to breakfast that morning, and when he came to wake me up, he had the ring with him. It was a nice, quiet proposal. Mom and Dad hadn't left for work yet, so I ran downstairs to show them and then woke up Nina to show her, too. She promptly went back to sleep and when she woke up later she thought she'd dreamed it. But I was very excited!!

Here are two pictures:

Enjoying some raspberry champagne (it was pretty good!) the night of our engagement. I printed off a bunch of these at the Rite Aid to go in our Christmas cards, and the lady at the counter, who was probably 40-45 years of age, said to me, "Congratulations on having such a hot boyfriend." I said, "Thank you, but he's my fiancé."

The ring! It's a ruby and it has tiny diamonds around it. I couldn't love it more. I had wanted a red ring, and it is pretty red, but in some light it looks more pink. I don't mind though. It's pretty doggone awesome. The woman at the jeweler said that they have wedding bands that fit around the stone, too. Coolio!

Comments

  1. Woohoo, congrats!! You both look happy, when's the date?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh shoot, I knew I forgot something! We don't have a date yet, but we're thinking September right now. Possibly August if it gets too crazy for everyone with kids in school and whatnot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee. I can't believe that saucy lady at Rite Aid! Although it's nice to have your spouse's good looks appreciated from afar. I love your response to her! Anyway, so glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, feel free to use the computer when I'm not sleeping! Also, BOO YEAH WEDDING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! I always wondered if people looked at the pictures much when they were developing them. I guess they do! Your picture is proudly stuck to our refridgerator with a "d" magnet. Hey, the kids have WAAAAAY too many letter magnets floating around for me to go buy special ones. :-)
    Excited for you and Brad!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No, it's just sad really.

30 for 30

The reality of "Twilight"