Wabi-Sabi #2

2. Cultivate Vision. Start with the container you use to hold your morning beverage. Treat yourself to pottery that feels solid and heavy in your hand. Admire your mug’s shape, textures and colors every morning to strengthen your ability to find beauty in the rest of the day.

A very good friend of mine recently had a baby at the beginning of this year. In one of her blog posts she realized that she was starting to see things more in her daily routine, as she pointed out to her son all the different things there are to see. I guess there's probably nothing like a new life to really open your eyes! Even having spent last week with my niece and nephew, I realized children notice things I take for granted. Today I'm going to make it my mission to cultivate a little vision. When I go out to the garden, when I make some food, when I see birds at the feeder, even if I look at photos on the internet, I'm really going to look at these things. Maybe I'll notice something I hadn't seen before. Maybe it'll be spectacular!

Comments

  1. Yay! I hope it was spectacular! So many possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just watching Episode One of Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations on Netflix. He goes to Paris in this one - at the end of the episode, he's at a cafe. There are several yellow chairs on the sidewalk all facing the street. People sit with a coffee and sandwich and linger forever. It's a really sweet, quiet moment that illustrates the importance of taking your time and finding pleasure in the everyday. I think in general Americans miss out on that aspect of life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No, it's just sad really.

30 for 30

The reality of "Twilight"