Food Post!

I think I'm long overdue. I saw this today on facebook, and I was delighted. (However, not delighted with the snooty attitude of the interviewer. Just because he likes to eat doesn't mean that he can't eat healthy. Idiot.)

Anyway, I have some photos of Mary and Nina's visit to my mom and dad's that I haven't uploaded yet. 

Mom made her mother's recipe for carrot cake. She made them as cupcakes and used cream cheese frosting! Yumilious, kids. Yumilious.

Nina picked a lovely bouquet of flowers from the garden for the table.

Here I am about to devour a delicious cupcake.

Mary's head + giant tomato from the garden.

How Mary's head is really feeling.

Mom has been making most of our bread this summer. Sourdough loaves fresh from the oven! Thank goodness Mom is so amazing at this, because I really stink at making bread. Or at least I hate it.

Ratatouille with fresh veggies from the garden!

This past weekend Brad came to visit and we went out to eat at the Fireside Grill or Inn or Bar or something. A couple of people were getting married. So like a good paparazzi that I am, I whipped out my camera to document people I don't know on their wedding day.

Pretty bridesmaid dresses!

To be honest, the food wasn't amazing. I think this is Mom's pot roast or something.

Brad's Sheperd's pie.

Dad's meat of sorts. Sorry kids, I know this isn't interesting.

My cheese-induced raviolis. Seriously they were about 80% melted mozzarella, 15% sauce, and about 5% ravis.


Not such a bad photo!
Next time I will definitely have more pictures of foods I make. In fact, some banana bread is in the oven right now!

Comments

  1. Oh, what a cute pic of you and Brad! Yeah, that food looks really heavy. But holy cow to the cupcakes, bread, giant tomato, and ratawhatsit. I think I need the cupcake recipe...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No, it's just sad really.

30 for 30

The reality of "Twilight"