Wabi-Sabi #11

11. Cultivate Hospitality. Give every room in your house a soft seat, a blanket to curl up with, gentle lighting and a deep, delicious rug. Invite people to stay, curled up in afghans and sipping tea.

Holy cats, this is taking me forever. Hi kids. I haven't been great at updating my blog lately. I don't know why, I guess I just don't feel like writing. So here is our next-to-last WS, which is long overdue, as we all know.

When I first read this one, "hospitality" did not mean in my head what they made it mean here. Here, it means making a room hospitable, instead of making yourself hospitable. As we've gone over many hundreds of times, I like a lot of alone time, but I also like visiting with friends. I enjoyed this thought of making the house hospitable. I want a cozy home. I want some place people can feel safe and peaceful. Afghans and hot tea for everyone! Come on by!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No, it's just sad really.

30 for 30

The reality of "Twilight"