THE FLOOD

More awesome garden pictures. These are some before pictures. 

A whole row of green beans (basil on the end).

Baby zucchinis!
Cabbages.
Beets in the front; Brussel sprouts in the back.
SWISS CHARD. Which was delicious.
Broccoli.
Peppers (red bell).
And of course, my eggplant.
Lettuce and a jalapeño plant.
Tomatoes.
So what's the big deal, right? You've seen hundred of pictures of the garden! You're getting totally bored!

And then we got some rain. This is the road from my window.
And this is the garden. It's completely covered. You can't even see the fence, it's that deep under water.
We all thought this was it. The whole garden was gone, and we would have to start over, but Mom was ready to give up completely.
BUT. This is what it looked like the next day!! Horray!
Nina had to pull up several beets because they were pretty much exposed anyway.
My broccoli and Swiss chard needed a little help standing back up, but they were troopers!
And the peppers and eggplant are completely unfazed.
The strawberries got a little water-swept, but they made it. We were incredibly lucky that everything made it!

Comments

  1. Hooray for resilient veg and fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Your veggies are HUGE! I thought I was doing well, but your stuff looks weeks ahead of mine. :( I'm happy that it was a good ending to more flooding. It looks like this wasn't the best choice for a garden location - it keeps getting flooded! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your garden. Also feeling a little jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for enterprising veggies! We had a hail storm the other day and thought our garden with its tender little plants would be toast, but it wasn't. I guess plants are a little tougher than we give them credit for! And WOAH, rain!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No, it's just sad really.

30 for 30

The reality of "Twilight"