The Great Adventure

In a few days I will be leaving for Alaska. The last week or so I've been very excited about it because the time just seems to fly. I have so much to catch up on at work, and I was away last weekend for Allison's wedding also. So the days have been really busy. I am still very excited of course, but this last day or two I've been getting a little nervous. Two weeks is a long time to be away from home. What if I forget something? Will the boys survive without me? Will they remember to water my plants?

It's interesting how nonchalant I was about leaving home for two weeks when I was younger. I guess that was mostly because I didn't really feel like I had a home. I just kind of was. I moved a lot. I had a number of odd jobs. I went to class and I wrote. That's pretty much it. Leaving wasn't such a big deal. But perhaps what's really interesting is how much less nonchalant (chalant, would that be?) I am now. I worry about my partner, about the house, about my plants. I worry about work while I'm gone. Before I didn't have any of these responsibilities. Before the most I'd have to do is turn in a paper early or make sure someone took my mail out of the box for me.

Luckily, one thing I don't have to worry about is Lindsey and I hating each other by the end of the trip. We're old enough friends that we know how to be around each other for extended periods comfortably. I'm pretty sure I spent every weekend from the age of 7 until the age of 16 with her in some capacity. Plus I hear she has a Jacuzzi tub, so you better believe I'll be spending many an evening there.

Please watch the blog for updates over the next few weeks. I plan on bringing my laptop with me and I'll be sure to post lots of pictures so you can all be amazingly jealous.

Comments

  1. I'll be waiting w/ bated breath. Also, it's weird how you're worried about 2 weeks. That is all. Give Lindsey a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, the gloating has to end!! :-) I do hope you have an awesome time up there, Alaska is great, and so is Lindsey-- should be pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No, it's just sad really.

30 for 30

The reality of "Twilight"