Snow Day

So Pittsburgh doesn't generally get a lot of snow usually. We get some, and it's pretty steady, at least once a month, but it melts fairly quickly. When we get a big snow, it's about 4-6". It's no North Country, certainly. Anyway. Last night we got at least a foot of snow. There are just lumps of snow where cars and bushes and things used to be. I guess we're pretty lucky, really, because DC is hit even worse, and they're not prepared for this sort of thing so they lost power. We're all fine, just the streets are dead and most places are closed.

The disappointing part about this is that I had signed up to go to a poetry lecture today in the morning and it was canceled. I was really quite sad about this, because it was supposed to be on "THE VOCAL PAGE: writing poems that leap from paper to sound and back." How cool would that have been?? But alas, now I will never know.

I got a whole bunch of veggies from the Good Apples website (they deliver to my work) yesterday so I'm going to make veggie lasagna tonight. Maybe I'll get a movie too from the store. And hot chocolate... Mmmmm.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No, it's just sad really.

30 for 30

The reality of "Twilight"