From a Friend
An old friend of mine from college wrote me a lovely letter today. Why don't more people write letters? It is so sweet and exciting to get a personal letter in the mail. I used to write a lot of letters when I was in graduate school and I had friends who lived in foreign countries. But recently I haven't been writing any. So I guess my first step is to write more letters myself. If you're reading this, please send me your address and I'll send you a letter. (I'm not kidding. Please do.)
The best line of the letter Melissa wrote today: "I miss you, and how sweet and nice and calm everything is when I'm with you." It's the nicest thing anyone's said to me in such a long time. I have always wanted to be peaceful; to be the kind of person that people are drawn to because of how calm being near me makes them. How nice to have wonderful friends who know just what to say!
The best line of the letter Melissa wrote today: "I miss you, and how sweet and nice and calm everything is when I'm with you." It's the nicest thing anyone's said to me in such a long time. I have always wanted to be peaceful; to be the kind of person that people are drawn to because of how calm being near me makes them. How nice to have wonderful friends who know just what to say!
You know my address, but if you write one to me I'll even write one back!
ReplyDeleteI'm at:
ReplyDelete3 Feet Down
The Hall