30 for 30 Update

Unfortunately, I've fallen a bit behind on my 30 for 30 lately. It's been slow going! I have a feeling I might be scrambling a bit at the beginning of next year. But that's okay. And I did do something in September, so here they are! Number 24, send a care package to someone I love who is in need. "Need" being someone who is in need of some love, not necessarily in need of care packages.

This is actually just a housewarming gift for my friends who recently bought their first home. It's the "traditional" gift of bread (so their home may never know hunger), a candle (so they will always have light in their lives), some spice (so their lives will always be full of flavor), honey (so they will always know the sweetness of life), and "wine" (so they will never be thirsty). This was really fun to put together. 
My best friends from college (the three I went to see in Chicago) have all been having a rough time of it, so I sent them some trade free chocolate and funny cards. (They didn't all get the same card, but for some reason, I only took a picture of one of them.) 
This is for one of my friends from high school whose mother just passed away. She was very upset, understandably. So I sent her a mug with some tea, some oatmeal scones with maple frosting, and a good book. 
This is for another friend whose father has been diagnosed with cancer and has had to go through multiple surgeries. As you can see, the card was a favorite of mine. It is pretty hilarious...

Hope everyone is having a fabulous time getting ready for Thanksgiving!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No, it's just sad really.

30 for 30

The reality of "Twilight"